ILOILO – Fishermen onboard nine fishing boats were apprehended here recently for using trawl within the municipal waters of Carles and Concepcion.
According to PO3 Charlie Asturias, the team leader of the Iloilo Provincial Bantay Dagat Task Force, the fishermen were arrested during their seaborne patrol operation from June 23-July 11, 2016.
The fishermen, including the owners of the fishing boat, were identified by the task force as follows:
- F/B Analyn – owned by Joan Vergera and manned by Raymund Vergara of Carles, Iloilo.
- F/B Dought – owned and manned by Rreynaldo Bullos of Carles, Iloilo.
- F/B Jehoiah – owned by Megnan Depalobos and manned by Rolly Panday of Concepcion, Iloilo.
- F/B Mildred – owned by Mildred Leong and manned by Solomon Gonzales of Concepcion, Iloilo.
- F/B Double A – owned and manned by Homer Demapanag of Carles, Iloilo.
- F/B Rizan – owned by Ma. Fe Alomia and manned by Jobert Alomia of Concepcion, Iloilo.
- F/B Rosela – owned by Rosela Pacardo and manned by Henry Pacardo of Concepcion, Iloilo.
- F/B Nilo – owned and piloted by Alfonzo Gabayeron of Concepcion, Iloilo.
- F/B Renz Christoper – owned by Rene Olivar of Concepcion, Iloilo.
The fishermen were caught without license or permit which could be a violation of Section 9.06 of 2008 Municipal Ordinance No. 1 of Carles and Concepcion.
Fishing without permit from the municipal government cost them P2,500 fine each.