ILOILO –Governor Arthur Defensor Sr.’s bid to enhance hospital services in the Province of Iloilo is bearing more fruits.
This developed after the Department of Health (DOH) has confirmed it will soon download P351.2 million to the provincial government to develop and expand the facilities in the 12 province-owned hospitals here.
The fund will be used to construct additional support facilities and complete the equipment for clinical and nursing services in the Iloilo hospitals, according to a proposed health facility enhancement program.
From the said budget, P142.2-million will be used in 2014 while the remaining P209-million will be for 2015.
The funds are on top of the P700-million allocation of the province for its own hospital enhancement program that kicked off this year.
The budget for 2014 is intended for the following:
- Rep. Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital in Guimbal – P9.9-million
- Aleosan District Hospital in Alimodian – P2.1-million
- Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Pototan –P29.9-million
- Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital in Cabatuan –P13.2-million
- Rep. Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial Hospital in Lambunao –P17.2-million
- Don Ricardo Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Calinog –P2.3-million
- Frederico Roman Tirador Memorial District Hospital in Janiuay –P42-million
- Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital in Balasan –P7.7-million
- Sara District Hospital in Sara – P16.5-million
There is also P1 million for the improvement of the rural health unit of Guimbal next year.
The budget for 2015, on the other hand, will be spent for the following:
- Rep. Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital – P6-million
- Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial Hospital –P25-million
- Ricardo Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital –P15-million
- Iloilo Provincial Hospital –P56-million
- Don Valeriano Palmares Memorial District Hospital in Passi City –P15-million
- Dumangas District Hospital –P17-million
- Barotac Viejo District Hospital –P30-million
- Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital –P15-million
The construction work for these projects will include the expansion of wards, emergency rooms and other clinical and ancillary services.
At present, there is an ongoing expansion and procurement of additional equipment for the Iloilo Provincial Hospital (P29.5 million) and the repair of the Barotac Viejo District Hospital (P10 million), the Aleosan District Hospital (P10 million) and the Rep. Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital (30-million) using DOH funds. (Jezza A. Nepomoceno / Capitol News)