BACOLOD CITY, June 6 (PNA) — The Abang Lingkod Partylist based here in Negros Occidental welcomed the status quo ante order issued by the Supreme Court recently.

“It’s a good news,” said Ben Solilapsi of Abang Lingkod Partylist in an interview with the press Thursday.

Solilapsi added that they have been waiting for order since they filed the petition together with the Senior Citizens Partylist before the High Court.

The order of the SC also gave the disqualified partylist hope to occupy a seat in the House of Representatives, he said.

At the very beginning, Solilapsi said they believed that SC will uphold the voice of the people.

SC’s order direct the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to hold in abeyance the proclamation of the two disqualified partylists until it resolved the petition.

Comelec has so far proclaimed 38 winning partylists and their representatives will start working by June 30 in the House of Representatives. (PNA)